Nutrition & Supplements
Diet, Nutritional Counseling, and Supplementation
Why Diet is Important
In our day to day lives in Tulsa, we simply may not have time to focus on what we put in our bodies. Let’s face it, it can be difficult to eat healthy. Most of us make our meal decisions based on convenience. We tend to choose foods that are quick and easy. That means more processing, more undesirable ingredients, and less nutrition than what is ideal. This can add up over the years causing excess weight gain, cardiovascular problems, inflammation, and a variety of other health issues.
As part of our strategy to improve your overall wellness, our doctor will evaluate your diet and may make suggestions if there is a need for improvement. Most of us tend to eat foods that promote inflammation, and that has a lot to do with lack of anti-oxidants and the wrong kinds of fats. It is impossible to only eat things that are healthy, but health is a balance, and we can offer some very simple strategies to help you achieve better nutrition. This advise is integrated into care when the doctor explores your history as part of your overall evaluation and care at our clinic.
In addition to dietary changes, it may be beneficial to supplement your diet with specific vitamins and nutrients. Some are prescribed for general health while others target inflammation or pain or muscle spasm. Supplements may be introduced to increase nutrition you may be lacking and help you heal. Some products target a specific health condition or preventative measure. Sometimes digestion in general can be a big issue and products are recommended to improve gut flora.
Nutrition & Supplements are excellent additions to our therapies to help you meet your health and wellness goals. Below are some of the types of products we offer as part of your care at our Tulsa Chiropractic clinic.
- Vitamins: as single ingredients or combination of vitamins to fill in nutrition gaps
- Anti-inflammatory: specific oils, anti-oxidants, and natural extracts
- Anti-spasm: particular minerals and plant extracts aimed at decreasing muscle tension
- Anti-anxiety: Natural products to help with calmness and stress
- Anti-hypertesion: Nutrition that can help with high blood pressure
- Sleep aids: Natural compounds like melatonin, valerian, and CBD
- Digestion: Digestive enzymes, probiotics, and bio-botanicals such as biocidin
- Healing & Recovery: Nutrients useful in healing from injury like sports or auto accidents
- Vertigo/Dizziness: Natural remedies that can help with that spinning sensation
- Allergies: Safe and effective natural extracts to help with seasonal allergies